|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||4 minutes|
- 5 tbsp Cinnamon ground
- 5 tbsp Cardamom ground
- 3 tbsp Ginger dried, ground
- 2 tsp Nutmeg ground
- 2 tsp Cloves ground
- 1 tsp Chai Latte Spice Mix
- 1 tbsp Rooibus loose tea leaves
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Coconut Cream canned, organic
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp Honey raw, organic
- 1/2 tsp Nut Butter optional (for extra frothiness)
- First, you need to make the Chai Latte Spice Mix. Combine cinnamon, cardamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves and put the mixture into a glass jar.
- To make the Rooibos Chai Latte, start by bringing the water to a boil. Put the Chai Latte Spice Mix and the loose tea leaves into a tea infuser on top of a mug (400 ml) and poor the hot water over it. Let it sit for 4 minutes.
- Next, poor the tea into a blender and add the coconut cream, honey and nut butter (optional) and blend for about 1 minute. Poor back into the mug.
Chai Latte has its origin in India and at first, was created as a healing Ayurvedic beverage. It wasn't until the last century that black tea was added to this delicious hot drink.
Rooibos or red bush tea has been farmed in South Africa for many centuries. It is an aromatic herbal tea that is used by many people as an alternative to black tea.
Both, Rooibos and Chai Latte, are popular drinks amongst the community of health conscious people . Red bush tea has many health benefits. It is best known for its rich content of anti-oxidants, which help prevent aging, heart disease or cancer.
My Chai Latte Spice Mix contains 5 different types of spices, which all have a variety of health benefits.
Cinnamon, for example, is known for lowering blood sugar levels. Since many women with PCOS suffer from insulin resistance, it is a delicious and healthy spice that should be added to a variety of drinks and dishes.
Ginger is known for its anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. It is the spice, that brings a bit of hotness to the drink, but at the same time, is soothing for the stomach.
Cardamon is one of my favorite spices - that is why you will find more cardamon in my spice mix recipe that in other's. I just love its sweet and exotic flavor. It is supposed to help lower blood pressure, fight inflammation and have soothing effects on the stomach. It also helps with digestion and bad breath.
Nutmeg is a powerful detoxifier and helps in digestion.
Cloves are high in anti-oxidants, help regulate blood sugar and have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties.
I am truly hoping you will fall in love with this drink and benefit from its amazing health-promoting properties.
Please click here to learn more about why you should cut down on caffeine.