This soup is my absolute favorite. It is super tasty and delicious, fills you up whilst being low in calories and keeping your blood sugar stable. It’s taste is totally comforting and it quenches your body’s cravings for nourishing food.
Lentils are a great food for PCOS and hormonal balance
About 75% of women with PCOS suffer from insulin resistance. Reversing this disease and keeping blood sugar stable, even if you don’t have insulin resistance, is key to a hormonal balancing lifestyle and healthy weight loss. This recipe contains a lot of vegetables, including onions, garlic, celery, leek, carrots and kale. Vegetables are usually low in carbs and don’t spike blood sugar. Lentils and meat (should be organic and grass-fed) are good sources of protein.
Making Lentil Soup with Butternut Squash
The Soup that Fights Inflammation
Inflammation often lies at the root of many diseases including insulin resistance, diabetes, IBS or heart disease. Olive oil, vegetables, lentils and butternut squash fight inflammation and support a healthy digestive system. They are also rich in fiber. A diet high in fiber helps in estrogen and testosterone metabolism.
A Go-To Recipe That is Healthy and Easy to Make
I often make this soup, because it is healthy and easy to make. It takes about 30 minutes to prep and cook everything and then it just needs to simmer for an hour on the stove.
I hope you will enjoy this beautiful recipe. Leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Lots of love xxx,
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
|Passive Time||1 hour|
- 1 1/4 Cups Brown Lentils soak in 3 Cups of water for at least 2 hours of overnight
- 3 Cups Water
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Cups Onion equals about 300g or 1 big onion, diced
- 3 Cloves garlic cut into small pieces or minced
- 2 Cups Celery Root equals about 250g, cut into small pieces or roughly run through a food processor
- 2 Cups Carrots equalls about 250g, cut into cubes
- 3 Cups Butternut Squash equals about 500g, cut into cubes
- 1 Stick Leek equals about 150g, halved and cut into slices
- 100 Grams Kale removed from stem, torn into small leaves
- 1.5 Liter Water hot
- 250 Grams Chorizo Sausage cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Parsley dried
- 3 Tsp. Salt preferably pink salt
- some Black Pepper freshly ground
- Wash the lentils and soak for at least 2 hours or overnight in 3 Cups of water.
- Prepare and cut the vegetables, butternut squash and sausage as mentioned above.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until transparent.
- Add the garlic, celery root, carrots and butternuts squash one after the other. Cook and stir for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a cattle, bring 1.5l of water to a boil.
- In the meantime, rinse the lentils a second time. This will remove the remaining phytic acid and prevent bloating. Add the lentils, leek and kale to the mix. Stir well.
- Add the water and the sausage.
- Season with salt, black pepper and parsley. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 1 hour. Add more water if you like.